Annual Progress Reports
- Z. Yang and K. D. Hammond, Helium In-Plane Migration Behavior on ⟨100⟩ Symmetric Tilt Grain Boundaries in Tungsten, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 30 (32): 325002 (2018).
- Z. Yang, L. Hu, D. Maroudas, and K. D. Hammond, Helium Segregation and Transport Behavior Near Symmetric Tilt Grain Boundaries in Tungsten, Journal of Applied Physics, 123 (22): 225104 (2018).
L. Yang and B. D. Wirth, Energetics of Hydrogen and Helium-Vacancy Complexes in Bulk and Near Surfaces of Tungsten: First-Principles Study, Journal of Applied Physics 123 (21): 215104 (2018). (Featured Article)
- L. Yang, Z. J. Bergstrom, and B. D. Wirth, First-Principles Study of Helium-Vacancy Complexes Below Tungsten Surfaces, Journal of Applied Physics 123 (20): 205108 (2018).
- S. I. Krasheninnikov, On Numerical Study of Coupled Plasma-Wall Instability, Physics of Plasmas 25: 064501 (2018). (Editor's Pick)
- J. Drobny, D. Curreli, F-TRIDYN Simulations of Tungsten Self-Sputtering and Applications to Coupling Plasma and Material Codes, Computational Materials Science, 149 (15): 301–306 (2018).
- PSI SciDAC: Predicting the Performance and Impact of Dynamic PFC Surfaces- Brian Wirth, SciDAC PI Meeting 2018, Rockville, Maryland.
PSI2 SciDAC — Integrating Codes to Model Plasma Surface Interactions: focus on Plasma Sheath Effects and Sputtering Near Surfaces - Davide Curreli, SciDAC PI Meeting 2018, Rockville, Maryland. (LowRes) (HighRes)
Plasma Surface Interactions SciDAC: Dynamic plasma material surface interactions at the edge of a magnetically confined fusion reactor - Ilon Joseph, SciDAC PI Meeting 2018, Rockville, Maryland.
- Xolotl: a cluster dynamics code to predict gas bubble evolution in solids - Sophie Blondel, invited presentation at The 2018 Computer Simulation of Radiation Effects in Solids (COSIRES), Shanghai, China.
Kinetic simulation of heat pulse propagation through the tokamak scrape-off layer - Ilon Joseph, International Conference on Plasma Surface Interactions in Controlled Fusion Devices (PSI) 2018, Princeton, New Jersey.
Illustrative examples of analysis and modeling of impurity erosion and redeposition experiments in DIII-D with integrated PMI models, presented in part at the 23rd International Conference on Plasma Surface Interactions in Controlled Fusion Devices 2018, Princeton, New Jersey.
Taming the Electrostatic Alfven Wave and Ampere Cancellation Problems - Ilon Joseph, Transport Task Force Workshop (TTF) 2018, San Diego, California.
- Impurity Migration Simulation of PISCES-A He Exposed Tungsten With GITR - Tim Younkin APS-DPP 2017, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Multi-physics modeling of the long-term evolution of surfaces exposed to steady-state plasmas - Ane Lasa, APS-DPP 2017, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Modeling of Fuzz Formation on Helium-Ion-Irradiated Tungsten Surfaces - Dwaipayan Dasgupta, APS-DPP 2017, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Calculations of Helium Bubble Evolution in the PISCES Experiments with Cluster Dynamics - Sophie Blondel, APS-DPP 2017, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Fast, Statistical Model of Surface Roughness for Ion-Solid Interaction Simulations and Efficient Code Coupling - Jon Drobny, APS-DPP 2017, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Overview of modeling plasma surface interactions in tungsten with a focus on connecting computational predictions to experimental observations - Brian Wirth, plenary presentation at the 18th International Conference on Fusion Reactor Materials, Aomori, Japan, 10 November 2017.